November, 2012 Monroe Library programs
1070 Village Way * (360) 794-7851
- Bikes for Books Contest – Nov. 1 through Nov. 30. Write a review about your favorite book and submit your review for a chance to win a bicycle. Supported by the Sultan Monroe Masonic Lodge and the Friends of the Monroe Library. The deadline is Nov.30.
- Ready Readers, Baby Storytime: Tuesdays, Nov. 6, 13, 20 and 27, 10:30 a.m. Stories, songs, rhymes and activities designed to inspire a love of reading. Playtime follows. For newborns through 18 months. Caregiver required.
- Ready Readers, Toddler Storytime: Wednesdays, Nov. 7, 14, 21 and 28, 10:30 a.m. Stories, music and movements to nurture the desire to read in toddlers. Playtime or craft may follow. For ages 18 months to 3 years. Caregiver required.
- Ready Readers, Preschool Storytime: Thursdays, Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 29, 10 a.m. Books, sing-along songs, and creative activities that prepare young minds for reading. Playtime or craft may follow. For ages 3 to 5 years. Caregiver required.
- Ready Readers, Preschool Storytime (Bilingual): Thursdays, Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 29, 11 a.m. Books, sing-along songs, and creative activities that prepare young minds for reading. Playtime or craft may follow. For ages 3 to 5 years. Caregiver required. Presented in English and Spanish.
- Reading with Rover: Saturday, Nov. 24, 11 a.m. Read aloud to a canine. The Reading with Rover program is designed to strengthen reading skills and improve reading confidence.
- Teen Advisory Board: Monday, Nov. 5, 3:30 p.m. Teens are invited to share their ideas for library programs, purchases and improvements; as well as discuss what everyone’s been reading, have some snacks, and participate in an activity or craft. Contact Teen Librarian Charles Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- After School Gaming: Tuesdays, Nov. 13 and 26, 3:30 p.m. Enjoy video games with friends before tackling homework. Snacks are provided.
- Teen Movie: “The Amazing Spiderman:” Monday, Nov. 19, 3 p.m. Watch the newest movie in the Spiderman series and eat snacks. One attendee will win a copy of the movie as a door prize.
- ESL Talk Time: Mondays, Nov. 5, 19 and 26, 7 p.m. ESL Talk Time is a time for adults to practice speaking English in a friendly and supportive setting. This free drop-in program is led by a volunteer.
- Finding the Right Job for You: Wednesday, Nov.7, 1 p.m. Explore jobs that are a good fit for your skills and interests, as well as jobs that meet labor market needs. It provides strategies and information to determine interests and skills, and information about online resources for career exploration. Please pre-register.
- Monroe Library Board Meeting: Thursday, Nov. 8, 7 p.m.
- Monroe Wednesday Writers: Every Wednesday, 7 p.m. Find weekly support and writing guidance, led by published author Bernadette Pajer. All writers welcome, fiction and nonfiction.
- Monroe Book Group, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life: Tuesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m. This month’s selection is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver. Copies are available for checkout at the Customer Service Desk.
- Beginning Catalog and Internet: Saturday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m. Learn to search the Internet, access library databases, set up an email account and use the library catalog. Please pre-register at the Information Desk or by calling (360) 794-7851.
- Friends of Monroe Library Meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m. Guests and new members welcome.