In response to Monroe School Director Nancy Truitt Pierce, guest editorial titled “Our schools are better than you’ve been told!” where she states “The bottom line is that we have good schools…”
According to Washington Policy Center, if letter grades were given to our public schools, as currently being proposed in the legislature, seven of Monroe public schools would receive a letter grade “D”, while only four Monroe public schools would receive a letter grade “C”!
This information comes from the Washington State Board of Education, Washington State Public School Achievement List. This list is designed:
“To provide a fair and consistent measurement of Washington public schools” and “To present a clear picture of how schools and districts are performing”.
This state Achievement List shows Monroe public school has only four schools rated as “good” (or a letter grade “C”), while seven schools are actually rated as “Fair” (or a letter grade “D”).
That means, only 36% (a third) of our Monroe public schools are actually ranked as “Good”, and the other 64% received a lesser ranking of “Fair”.
I hope the citizens of Monroe will check these facts, as this data provides a clear picture of the real outcome of our Monroe public schools: as compared with this guest editorial.
Here’s the website address for this data.