The 9th Annual Monroe Lip Sync was held on April 13 at the Wagner Auditorium on Main Street. The Lip Sync is a scholarship
fundraiser for Monroe graduates and what organizers call a “’fun’raiser” for the entire town.
This year the committee decided to move the show from Monroe High School to the Wagner Auditorium, as the theater can hold 200 more people and has what they call a “real theater feel.”
Organizers said the show was a huge success, with almost $3,000 raised. To date, the Monroe Lip Sync has awarded almost $20,000 in scholarship money.
Something new this year is a “Lip Off” between the Monroe Lip Sync winners and the Sultan Lip Sync winners. The Lip Off will be held at the Wagner Auditorium at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 17. The cost of admission is $5 at the door, with the proceeds to go to the refurbishing of Wagner Auditorium.
“Come cheer on your favorite town and your favorite acts,” organizers said. “Since all of the competitors are already winners, the show is sure to be a hit.”
The Monroe Lip Sync winners this year are as follows:
1. Walk Like an Egyptian – Alexis Perdomo, Lariat Shuey, Riley Walters, Isabella Vandaveer
2. Kung Fu Fighting – Catherine, Samuel Freeman, Holly McGuire, Rafe Dahlinger
3. Papa Oohmahmah – Sam Olson, Talen Dahlinger, Cameron Steffey
4. You Can tell She’s a Princess – Brooklyn Perdomo, Lexa Carswell, Megan Walters, Valeria Spurrier
1. Five Pound Box of Money – Emily Parry
2. Getting Good at Being Bad – Megan Schroeder
3. Cheetah Girls – McKenna Dahlinger, Anna Wegenast, Lilly Wardell
4. Primadonna – Jordan Roche, Aly Wiseman
1. Pitch Perfect – Mandy Guptil, Maddy Olson, Kianna Cooley, Brandi Dahlinger, Bethany Johnson, Courtney Kingery
2. Rawhide – Ryan DeYoung, Keaton, Justus, Rafe Dahlinger
3. The Dollar Store – Stephen and Lorin Stewart
4. Better than Revenge - Juliann Yusko
1. Send the Clowns – Kathi Cooley and friends
2. Memories – Gina Dahlinger
3. Footloose – Micaela, Ariel, Breanna and Danica Hatch, Salem Holmes