A small explosion injured two people at approximately 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26, at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe.
The incident occurred when an employee, working for a fireplace vendor at the fair, attempted to light a fireplace. The glass window on the fireplace blew out, injuring a male employee and a female employee working nearby.
Fire personnel, the fire marshal and Snohomish County Sheriff’s deputies on duty at the fair responded immediately.
The male employee was transported to the hospital for injuries sustained due to flying glass. The female employee was treated at the scene.
The Fire Marshal removed the fireplace from service and cleared the fireplace vendor to resume operations.